Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jully 22, Terrell

Today was a pretty short day to get us back into the swing of things after our biking hiatus that we took in the Dallas area. It was only sixty miles but we were in a bit of a rush because the Lions Club in Terrell was sponsoring our lunch. Lunch, cheeseburgers and ice cream, really hit the spot, as did our lodging for the night, a hotel. Texas has treated us really well as far as food and rest goes- I've only had to use my air mattress a couple of times throughout the entire state. (Though the roads could use some work...)
My roommate, Jon Cook, and I decided to take a nap before dinner time and, due to a scheduling change that we slept through, missed the bus. Apparently we were texted that our dinner had moved up an hour and we needed to head to the vans but I slept right through it and didn't wake up until the team was on its way back. Following that little debacle, I talked to my parents and some friends who I'll be hopefully seeing tomorrow in Longview to work out the plans and then I gave Caroline (my bike) a much-needed cleaning. Since then, I've just been enjoying having a bed and internet. What more could one want on the Journey of Hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment